Saturday 29 August 2015

How ya goin' Sydney

I touched down in Sydney 12 hours later and was kindly collected at the airport by my cousin Robert, who put me up for a few days in his nice flat in North Bondi. Had a relaxed and unexpectedly social few days in Sydney, after the delightful surprise of finding out I had friends there! Not only did I find Rhianne already living there but J also happened to be passing through on his way up to Brisbane. 


Sydney itself is pleasant but not that exciting. I reveled in the excellent coffee scene however and enjoyed some good food and a few cocktails. No problems adjusting back to Western culture, other than a lack of everyday excitement. 

Summers coming; Bondi beach
 

The drinking culture in Sydney is quite bizarre now, with short opening hours and responsible drinking enforced by designated minders. Outside of the centre (maybe even in the centre), the streets were deserted by 1am, even on a Friday.

I didn't stay long though, and on Sat morning I moved on to my third continent of the week: Asia. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Networked blogs